AMERICA'S TOP ANALYSTS, ONCE AGAIN.
Year after year, our equity research analysts lead industry peers in picking stocks and estimating earnings. In May 2011, BB&T Capital Markets was recognized again by The Wall Street Journal and Financial Times/StarMine in several categories, and was named one of the most productive brokers in the United States for the second year in a row.
John (Jack) Kasprzak
– No. 1 in Building Products by StarMine.
– No. 3 in Building Materials for stock recommendations by StarMine.
– No. 2 in Trading Companies and Distribution for stock recommendations by StarMine.
– No. 3 in Trading Companies and Distribution for earnings estimates by StarMine.
– No. 5 in Business and Industrial Services by The Wall Street Journal’s Best on the Street survey.
– No. 2 in Commercial Services and Suppliers for stock recommendations by StarMine.
– No. 3 in Home Construction and Furnishings by The Wall Street Journal’s Best on the Street survey.
StarMine's annual survey recognized the top U.S. analysts in 2010 in separate earnings estimation and stock-picking categories. StarMine, a Thomson Reuters company, is the world's largest and most trusted source of third-party equity research performance ratings. The most productive brokers in the U.S. category is based on the ratio of individual award winners to the total number of qualifying analysts.
The Wall Street Journal's Best on the Street survey recognizes the top five stock pickers in each industry and identifies which analysts' recommendations generated the best returns. The top five analysts were identified from more than 6,800 analysts at more than 575 firms who met the survey requirements. Analysts were graded on a scale that gives credit to both timely "buy" and "sell" ratings. Of that group, 2,335 analysts at 196 firms met the survey's eligibility tests and qualified to have their research analyzed in detail.